Sunday 12 January 2014

TSS: Reading Fluff and Quotable Quotes

The Sunday Salon.com

So this week has been a pretty good reading week as far as amount of books I've read, but most of them have been of the fluff variety, so no brain taxing, thought provoking going on :)

A very long time ago I downloaded a free e-book to my Kindle  Hide in Plain Sight (Love Inspired Suspense). I needed something fluffy to read last Sunday night so I started this rather silly romance...and finished it. It wasn't a book I will read again, but I did read the other two in the series, and if you check back later in the week I'll tell you why.

I also finished  Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (only $2.99 on the Kindle right now). This is a book that had a profound impact on me, even though it took me ages to read. The review for this book (along with Quotable Quotes) will be up in the future.

This past week I also snuck in one of my new features: Quotable Quotes. I've been keeping a Common Place Book for quite some time. I use a Moleskin Notebook and I write down quotes that touch me, or dates I want to remember, or ideas I agree or disagree with, and I thought I would share some of these quotes with you, my readers.

In other, semi-reading related news, I got an iPad Air on Friday so most of my weekend has gone to playing with that :). I have found several good reading Apps but would love some suggestions if you have them.

Have a great week and please check back for reviews etc. later in the week.





Copyright ©2014 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: