Saturday 18 June 2011

Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

30

Really? You thought I would choose ONE book? I didn’t think so Open-mouthed smile

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I will never be able to choose ONE favourite book. I can rarely choose one book at a particular time, so choosing one of all time…ain’t gonna happen.

I will however feature a series that has meant a great deal to me:

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

I fell in love with this series at first read and over the years the books have provided me with comfort, laughs and above all a group of friends that I love. A group of friends with whom I went on holiday TWICE. First a general meet-up in Chicago where I laughed so hard I had a stomach ache for days afterward (Pot meet Kettle anyone). And then, in conjunction with the release of the last book (although when we first started planning we had no idea that it would be out then) a trip to London, the Scottish Highlands and Edinburgh, where we stood in line for hours to get our hands on the coveted final book. Without these friends I wouldn’t be who I am today. And they have stuck with me when I have been less than a friend (I have another group of friends that are the same and for those I am eternally grateful as well).

Harry Potter and the philosophers stone paperbackHarry Potter and Chamber of secrets paperbackHarry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban paperbackHarry Potter and the Goblet of fire paperbackHarry Potter and the order of the phoenix paperbackHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince paperbackharry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows uk cover

Although these books are far from perfect they will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. Which brings me to the next project on this blog. My friend Roni challenged me (and herself and others) to read all 7 books before the release date of the next movie. Since I have already reviewed some of the books on here I won’t be doing reviews of them (I’ll save the rest of the books I have left to review in audiobook form). Instead I thought I would talk a bit generally every few days on how I am doing on reading them and my thoughts, with spoilers, on the books and what happens in them. So watch out for that in the next few weeks (I’ll also post some pictures from the above mentioned trip).

Signature

Copyright ©2011 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: