Wednesday 8 June 2011

Day 20 – Favourite romance book

30

I don’t read a lot of books in the romance genre but quite a few of the books I read have a romantic subplot (does that make sense?) My current favourite book with a romantic subplot is, and I am probably starting to sound like a broken record here, I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming.

I shall not wantThis book deals with the fact that although there are times in relationships where one partner might need supporting more than the other it is important to realise that even though both of you are having a hard time you can, and should, still support each other.

Clare and Russ are both such perfectly flawed, real characters in this book, that unlike some romance books I’ve read, you can see yourself in their shoes. Maybe not exactly their shoes (I’m no Episcopal priest Winking smile) but in a similar situation, and for me that is more important in a good romance. I know some like to read romance as a way to escape, but I need mine firmly rooted in a reality I recognize as being plausible. Does that make sense?

Signature

Copyright ©2011 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I just started reading this series on the basis of all the really positive reviews I have read of the later books. So far I really like the two characters.