Thursday 2 June 2011

Day 14 – Favourite book of your favourite writer

30

My favourite author per yesterdays post is Astrid Lindgren. My favourite book by her has varied a great deal through the years.

kajsa_kavat_hjalper_mormorMy first love was Kajsa Kavat a story about a little girl who lives with her grandmother. The grandmother sells candies at the town market and one day, just before Christmas she falls and breaks her foot. Kajsa takes over the selling of the candies. There is also the wish for a doll involved.

As I grew older I grew more into the characters whose ages reflected mine: Madicken, Emil and the kids in Bullerbyn (NoisyRonja Village). But if I had to choose I think I would have to say that, looking back, Ronja the Robbers Daughter is probably my favourite. It was my introduction to the fantasy literature that I love as an adult. Ronja showed me that it was okay to be a tomboy. She helped feed my imagination in a way that makes me thankful today. Like Ronja my best friend was a boy (although this was when I was younger than Ronja is in the book). I loved playing in the woods, building forts and just running and exploring. This book also shows that adults aren’t always that adult. That hate for someone you don’t know is stupid at best. That not even adults have all the answers. Yes I think this is my favourite of the books.

Trailer Ronja Rövardotter (1984)

Signature

Copyright ©2011 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: