Sunday 5 September 2010

TSS: Read in August

 

The Sunday Salon.com

August has ended, school is back in session and the leaves have started changing colours. It is time to summarise the reading that got done in the last month of the summer despite working almost full time.

Months-August10bymagic_art Image Credit

I read 6 books in August. I loved one and hated one. The others were all enjoyable in their own way.

Emma the bermudez triangle my most excellent year

Emma by Jane Austen Really didn’t enjoy this book. Enough said.

The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson I thought Johnson handled the confusion that is being a teenager very well. I also enjoyed the snarky commentary. I did find it hard to distinguish between the different voices in the book though.

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger An amusing YA book about friends and growing up. I liked the writing style and different narrators.

Have his carcase cover GaudyNight harrypotter_azkaban

Have His Carcase by Dorothy L. Sayers I really enjoyed the social commentary in this book, and the mystery had me guessing.

Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers I really really really enjoyed this book. It was a fabulous mystery with a great social commentary and above all, complex characters whom I loved a great deal.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. Narrated by Stephen Fry. This particular HP book is one of my favourites and when Stephen Fry reads it it is enough to make me a very happy camper.

Stockholms-stadsbibliotek-rotundan-2003-04-14

I also wrote posts about building my library and that of my niece. Thank you to all those who have given me suggestions. I’m keeping a list, and I will be checking it twice :D I also wrote a post on Library Envy

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: