Friday 17 September 2010

BBAW: Future Treasures

BBAW_2010_ImageWe’ve been visiting each other and getting to know each other better…now is your chance to share what you enjoyed about BBAW and also what your blogging goals are for the next year!

As always BBAW has been a lot of fun, even though I have been unable to participate as fully as I would have liked (stupid school :D). I have read tonnes of posts but not commented as much as I would perhaps have liked. I have found a several new to me blogs, caused by TBR pile to turn into a vast lake instead of a nice little duck pond* and above all I have once again been reminded that the book blogging world is a NICE world!

USA Summer 09 402

As always looking at other blogs has given me ideas for improvements and changes on my own blog. No real big ones but little tiny ones, some policy changes and clarifications which will go up over the next few weeks.

My BBAW related goals for Notes from the North over the next year is to become better at commenting on other blogs and to respond to comments on my blog. That is my one goal!

*Eva and I had a conversation on twitter last night where she said she has started to look at the TBR pile a pool instead of a mountain, that way it isn’t as intimidating, I have to agree. A mountain looms over you. It’s an image that wants conquering. A pool or a lake is much more tranquil. A lake is a place where you can paddle around the edges. Dip your toes in or jump in from a raft. It doesn’t really matter if it is super deep in the middle because you can go as deep in as you like. So from now on my TBR pile isn’t a mountain, it’s a lake.

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

If the TBR is a pool, I want mine to be the size of a puddle. :D

Happy BBAW!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Zee! I think you've been very busy visiting people for the BBAW. I haven't been half as good, but still found a lot of interesting blogs.

I the pool idea suits you, go for it. My TBR is just a small pile, so I don't mind what it's called. :-)

Amy said...

Great goals! And I LOVE the idea of considering the tbr pile as a pool instead. That does make it sound much more navigable :)

Eva said...

Mine is rapidly approaching the size of Lake Baikal! hehe This oddly comforts me, since it means I'll never run out of wonderful sounding books to read. :D

Sherry said...

I don't have a pool; it's more like an ocean. But I'm always willing to add one more book to the list.

Please consider this comment your invitation to finish up your BBAW week by adding a link to any reviews you've managed to post this week to the Saturday Review of Books at Semicolon this Saturday. Every week book bloggers from all over the blogosphere post links to their reviews and other bloggers and readers check out the reviews and find even more books to add to their wishlists.

Thanks for blogging and reading and sharing.

Anonymous said...

The idea of a pool instead of a pile makes it sound so much more friendly!

And commenting is my one resolution as well.

@parridhlantern said...

MY goals are to increase my learning curve on the blogosphere, more translated literature & comments, S0 I'm with you on that one I love receiving comments have to get better at replying.