Thursday 10 June 2010

Weekly Geeks 2010-20: The Wishlist

WG Relaxing_thumb[3]Weekly Geeks is a weekly meme started by Dewy and carried on in her memory. Each week it asks a question. This weeks question is: Is your wishlist as big as your TBR pile? What books are topping your list? Are there any new releases that you are counting down the days for? Share a handful of titles and be sure to share why you want to get your hands on these books! And if another blogger is responsible for that book being on your wishlist, consider sharing a link to their review!

I have a whole bunch of books on my wishlist. Two are books I am counting down the days for others are books I need to buy or be give (or possibly borrow from the library)

The two I am counting down the days for are:

Indulgence in death Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb this is the next instalment in the In Death series and I desperately want to know what happens to Eve, Roark and the rest of the gang. I don’t care so much about the twists and turns of the latest murder but I do care about the characters. I feel like I am always waiting for the next book in this series anymore :D It is due out on November 2nd, 2010.

 

USA Summer 08 357 One Was a Soldier by Julia Spencer-Fleming. Although I have yet to finish the already published books in this series I am eagerly anticipating this book. So far the official release date seems to be April 12th 2011 but I have heard, from two different sources, that it has been slated for this coming winter (it seems to be the chatter from BEA). So here I find myself looking forward to winter (crazy, I know). But again I need to find out what happens to Clare and Russ. This book does not yet have a cover so I have chosen a picture I took at the Vietnam memorial in Washington DC in 2008, as both Clare and Russ are veterans, and from the blurb this book deals with what happens when soldiers return home from war.

I also have a few books sitting in my BookDepository wishlist that are just waiting for me to have money and time to read them:

Unseen Academicals Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett I love love love Pratchett and this one is about the Discworlds version of footie. I love footie. It seems like the perfect combination. I should probably get it soon so I can read it during the World Cup. Pratchetts books are always good, but they always seem to be a little bit better when you know the underlying story. As I’ve both played, reffed and watched football for many many years this should be right up my alley.

charles-darwins-on-the-origin-of-species-a-graphic-adaptation Charles Darwin on the Origin of Species: A Graphic Adaptation by Michael Kellar. I first saw this book at Nymeth’s blog, Things Mean a Lot and it looks both beautiful and interesting. I really really want to read it both to see what it takes from the original but more importantly for the artwork which looks absolutely gorgeous! If you want to see it be sure to check out the above mentioned post, she got permission to share some of the artwork. It was what truly sold me.

Immortal_Life_Henrietta_Lacks The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. This book has been doing the rounds on the blogs the past few weeks but I first heard of it from my friend Tee (not her real name :D) and I put it on my wishlist straight away. Really I just need to find the time. It seems to be a book that covers both science and ethics and history. I am becoming more and more enamoured with non-fiction and this seems like it would be right up my alley.  This book tells the story of the woman who’s cells have helped solve many medical mysteries, but it also looks at the ethical aspects of taking those cells without the knowledge of Lacks or her family.

I have many many more books on my wishlist more than I could possibly read since I keep adding to it. But that is so totally a first world problem.

To many books, to little time!

Signature 

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North.clip_image001This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: