Sunday 20 June 2010

The Sunday Salon: Upcoming Book Blogger Events!

The Sunday Salon.com

There is so much going on in the book blogging world right now: National Audiobook Month, gearing up for BBAW and a whole host of fun International events, that I thought I would use today to do a bit of a round up of them and encourage you to sign up too!

girl with globe tss 20 6 2010 Image Credit

First up is Leeswamme’s of Leeswamme’s Blog and her Book Bloggers Abroad! This is a series of guest posts from international book bloggers to see how different (and similar) our lives are! I think it sounds like great fun so if you are an international book blogger why why don’t you head on over and sign up! I’m working on my post.

peace heart tss 20 6 2010 Image Credit

Another exciting international event is Carin B at A Little Bookish who is sending a book around the world. Carin will provide a book that the readers then review as they get it and then send it along. Participants will also provide some information about their home country, this way we can learn more about each other. I am all for building bridges between individuals and countries, it is the only way to promote peace.

The next event I want to highlight is Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) which is set to take place September 13-17 2010. Why do I want to highlight it now? Well right now you, my fellow book bloggers need to register yourself by filling out the nomination form. BBAW last year was really when I started book blogging with a purpose. I had already decided to turn my hodgepodge of a blog into a book blog but BBAW gave me the tools, and impetus I really needed to make a go of it, therefore it holds a special place in my heart. I posted my sign-up post earlier this week.

heart ipod audiobook post june 2010 Image Credit

Audio book week  The final event I want to highlight is Devourer of Books Audiobook Week which I am super excited about. I love audiobooks and I think it is a format that is often short changed. Audiobooks can give so much to so many people. I will be putting up several posts during the week to correspond with the Daily Discussion Topics. Because of this you might see more posts from me than usual but it is all good fun!

RussiaTour Also on the blog this week is my post on Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky for the Classic Circuit White Nights on the Neva: Imperial Russian Literature Tour. I am finding the book very interesting. More on that on June 23rd!

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my International Book Blogger's event. I'm looking forward to your entry!

Wow, Crime and Punishment! You set yourself some goal there! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I am very excited about both Leeswammes' and Carin B's international book bloggers events. And of course audiobook week :)

Amanda said...

First, that Book Bloggers Abroad thing sounds really awesome! Thanks for letting us know about it. I hadn't seen it anywhere else.

Second, I didn't realize you only became a book blog last year around BBAW!