Wednesday 23 June 2010

Audiobook Week Meme

Audio book week Today’s daily discussion post for Audibook Week over at Devourer of Books is an audiobook meme. It is really easy and quick but will tell you a lot about peoples listening habits. Join in!

Audiobook are you currently reading/you read most recently: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J,K. Rowling, read by Stephen Fry

Impressions?: I adore it! Those of you who read my post on how I “found” audiobooks know that the Harry Potter books narrated by Stephen Fry was how I fell in love with audiobooks, so when I got a notice from BookDepository saying that Prisoner of Azkaban was only 20 I knew I needed to buy it. I have all the other books read by Jim Dale curtsey of a very nice library in a town that shall remain nameless but this one I was missing.

Sony_Walkman02 audiobook meme 23 6 2010 How long you’ve been listening to audiobooks: I know we had some books on cassette tape when I was little, you know the kind where it plinged when you were supposed to turn pages, but as an adult I’ve only been listening for about 3 years. Now I’m hooked.

First audiobook you ever listened to: Not counting the children’s ones (where I can’t remember) It was one of the Harry Potter books, but I cannot remember which one. I think it might have been The Order of the Phoenix, narrated by Stephen Fry

Favorite audiobook title: Difficult to answer. But I am going to say the Harry Potter books.

Favorite narrator: Stephen Fry! Hands down. He is amazing. I also really like when the author themselves narrates their work. I really liked 1776 written and narrated by David McCullough.

How do you choose what to listen to versus read? Really it depends on what strikes my fancy when I get my Audible.com credits every month. Sometimes I pick books I’ve already read in print because of my previous experiences of discovering new things. Sometimes I pick new to me books. Sometimes I might by a book in the sale there as well. It is pretty much a case of what I am in the mood for.

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

6 comments:

Bernadette said...

I adore Stephen Fry too - but he's going to be MY personal reader when I win the lottery so he won't be available to you anymore :)

Beth F said...

1776 was fabulous in audio. I'll have to see what Fry books I've listened ot.

Jen - devourer of books said...

I totally forgot that I listened to 1776 on audio a year or two before I thought I really started to listen! You're right, David McCullough did a great job narrating his work. I'm going to need to find SOMETHING that Stephen Fry has narrated soon and give it a try.

Nise' said...

Awe, the walkman brings back memories! I loved reading 1776 and now may have to listen.

JoAnn said...

I love audible.com!

Just Mom said...

1776 took me quite awhile in print - I should have thought of the audio! Here's my meme.