Thursday 25 March 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Break

btt2

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme of all things bookish. This weeks question is: Do you take breaks while reading a book? Or read it straight through? (And, by breaks, I don’t mean sleeping, eating and going to work; I mean putting it aside for a time while you read something else.)

I am a moody reader and often don’t feel like reading the book I am currently reading. Because of this I often have more than one book on the go at the same time. I try to have a fiction book and a non-fiction book going on at the same time. I also often have an audio book going. While I was working I also had a book for my handbag, one I could pick up and read while waiting for the bus or in the lunchroom/while the kids slept (my second to last job I worked the back shift and I was often the only person on a break, my last job was at a nursery school and while the kids had their nap and after I had cleaned up what I could I was welcome to read, just one of the things I loved about that job).

tree Image credit

My family tree is filled with bookworms. The habit of several books on the go is one that I have come by honestly. Everyone has more than one book on the go at the same time. It is just the way we do things.

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North.clip_image001This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I read one book at a time and in one sitting. Here's mine.

jlshall said...

I come from a family of readers, too. But I think I'm the only one of them who tends to read more than one book at a time. I like the variety of having several to choose from.

Anonymous said...

I want to try to start working in at least one non-fiction book at all times too. There are lots of readers in my family too.

On a side note, how are you liking The History of the Anciet World? I was so tempted to get that last time I was at the book store!

Zee said...

fictionfanatic I am enjoying it. It has been awhile since I read it but I find it very readable (I need to get back to it). I recently reviewed her History of the Medieval World http://readinginthenorth.blogspot.com/2010/01/book-review-history-of-medieval-world.html