Tuesday 2 February 2010

Teaser Tuesday: White Noise


clip_image001

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of
Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read

  • Open to a random page

  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

whitenoise-front-cover

What was the barn like before it was photographed?” he said. “What did it look like, how was it different from other barns, how was it similar to other barns? We can’t answer these questions because we’ve read the signs, seen the people snapping the pictures. We can’t get outside the aura. We’re part of the aura. We’re here, we’re now?”

From White Noise by Don Delillo. I can’t tell you what page because I am reading it on Kindle for PC and it doesn’t have page numbers that I can understand. It is at 4% though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting, hope you enjoy

Darlyn said...

woa..i like the cover..seems an adventurous read..enjoy reading!

Jennifer said...

An extremely interesting teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesdays-schooled-in-lies.html

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Very cool cover! Your teaser is intriguing. I'm definitely going to see if we have it at the library. Happy Reading!

kayerj said...

it is an interesting teaser. How is it reading it on the PC? Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Zee said...

It is an interesting read. Very postmodern.

Kaye: Reading on the PC is an interesting experience. I don't think I would do it on a regular basis. This time it is a bit of an emergency solution. I'm reading this book for a grad school class and the book didn't arrive in time so downloading it was the only option in order to read it in time. I think I will keep a few books on the PC for traveling when carting several books around wouldn't be convenient (I always bring my laptop so that I can download my pictures).

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

That does sounds like an interesting read!

I've got a teaser, if you don't mind me sharing it here instead of MizB's site.

"He would stand with a gun in one hand and offer the sermon of the week, preaching on the most important political issues of the day."
"I did not know then that I would also have my own battle to fight."
- from "Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books, Azar Nafisi

Emma Michaels said...

Interesting teaser! I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/