Monday 1 February 2010

Read in…January

readingbooks1 by d0rk_icons

 

The first part of January was a great reading month. The second part, not so much. Here are the books I reviewed in January:

Immortal in Death Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb. A re-read for me and one I love. There is something special about curling up with a murder mystery in winter?

 

The Last Hero The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett. The artwork in this book was amazing and with it being Pratchett it was so funny!

 

luftslottet som sprängdes The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest both by Stieg Larsson. I liked both of them better than I did The Girl With the Dragoon Tattoo which I read in December but honestly they were average.

House of mirth House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. My only abandoned book of the month. It was just wordy and I didn’t feel for the protagonist.

 

I also read but the review isn’t up yet The History of the Medieval World by Susan Wise Bauer. That review will be up on the 8th of February.

In January I also took part in the Bloggiesta hosted by Natasha at Maw Books Blog. I also wrote an entry on why Religious freedom matters to me and one on why GLBT issues matter to me.

Onwards to February!

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Notes from the North.clip_image001This post was originally posted by Zee from Notes from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

No comments: