Saturday 26 December 2009

Book Review: Naked in Death

naked in death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Category: Crime fiction

Synopsis: New York City 2058. The licenced companion granddaughter of a powerful Conservative Senator is found brutally murdered and it is up to NYPD Lieutenant Eve Dallas to solve the murder before the murderers promise comes true and more women die. What Dallas had not suspected when she was given this case was that she was going to fall for one of the suspects, millionaire Roark (no other name).

My Thoughts: This is a re-read for me and as such is it difficult for me to be objective but here goes. I have loved the In Death series since my mum told me to read these books when I was complaining that I had nothing to read. I came to love the prickly Eve and the gorgeous Roark. I love the relationships that start to develop  in this book. I love that the characters have flaws but that they still function as humans. I love the fact that you are not really required to solve the mystery yourself, you just have to hang on for the ride.

I do find the sexual violence in this book to be disturbing and I wonder why there has to be quite so much…I don’t quite know how to put this…maybe violent (but not harmful) sex between the two main characters. This is tempered with some quite gentle scenes but still…Do we have to rip quite so many shirts?

Overall however I do love this book. I’m heading into the next one, Glory in Death, straight away.

No comments: