Tuesday 6 October 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Magician's Gambit


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"Your Highness," the armoured knight said respectfully as she pulled her horse in beside his huge charger, "dost think it prudent to place thyself in the vanguard thus?"
"Who would be so foolish as to attack the bravest knight in the world?" she asked with artful innocence. 

pg 25 Magician's Gambit by David Eddings

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Great teaser - it sounds like part of an epic fantasy. I've yet to read any Eddings, but I hear good things from his fans. Nice choice!

You can check out my teaser here.

kt said...

I admit it, I'm very curious! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Christina said...

Ce'Nedra and Mandorallen (sp?)! It's been ages since I read these. :-)

Zee said...

It is part of a twelve book epic fantasy and it has been one of my favourite series since I was about 10 (maybe I should have included it in the childhood read challenge ;)). I recommend it to everyone!

It is indeed Ce'Nedra and Mandorallen. And it is a great teasery sccene.