Saturday 3 October 2009

Childhood Favourite Reads: Introductory Post


Debbie at Debbie's World of Books is hosting a new challenge that I thought I would take part in. It is called Childhood Favourite Reads. I am trying to limit the amount of challenges I sign up for but this one goes until June and is only five books. I figure I will have time for it.

Guidelines:
  • Read 5 books that were favorites while growing up
  • If you would also just like to write a post high lighting your favorite book or series feel free to
  • Challenge starts today and will end June 30, 2010.
My Picks are:

  • The Babysitters Club Mary Anne Saves the Day by Ann M. Martin since I am taking part in the challenge that My Friend Amy is running. I chose this one because Mary Anne was always the Babysitter I identified most with. The quiet bookishness was quite me. Although I also identified with Kristy since I was a bit of a tomboy.
  • A Horse Called Wonder by Joanna Campbell
  • Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
  • Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Madicken by Astrid Lindgren (this book is in Swedish but I could not leave out a book in Swedish since this is where I grew up).
These are all books that I have read more than once growing up. Some to the point were the books were read to pieces (I'm buying a new copy of A Horse Called Wonder. Between me and my sister that book needed to be replaced anyway ;) )

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a cute challenge. I would have to go back and read Madeleine L'Engle and Zilpha Keatley Snyder!

Zee said...

I thought so too. And childhood favourites don't take that long.

Would you believe that I have never actually read Madeleine L'Engle. I really have to do that. The books look so good!

Debbie's World of Books said...

Welcome to the challenge! I really liked Mary Anne too.